Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reflecting on My 2009 Purchases

Well, here it is: my 2009 best of list - in two lists. I've only included tangible music that I've purchased. I'm not counting internet radio or digital downloads, so that means I can't gain extra hipster cred by mentioning Hospice or Them Crooked Vultures in my lists. Though I did enjoy listening to both on last.fm this year, I didn't wind up purchasing either, so without further delay, here's my quite-biased hierarchy containing all of my purchases.

Best CDs
10. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
9. The Fall of Troy - In The Unlikely Event...
8. Franz Ferdinand - Tonight: Franz Ferdinand
7. Rx Bandits - Mandala
6. The Dead Weather - Horehound
5. DAMN! The Mixtape: Volume 1 - Andrew W.K. and B-Roc
4. Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us
3. The Flaming Lips - Embroyinc
2. Gundam Rock - Andrew W.K.
1. Baroness - The Blue Record

Yes, I know Baroness and The Lips will be releasing vinyl. It just made my list-making easier to split it up into two lists. I really didn't want to get into comparing Baroness and Mastodon, even though it is in vogue to do so. Maybe I'll consider integrating The Blue Record into my vinyl list when it ships in January. And now, my 2009 records...

Best Records
14. Blind Lemon Jefferson - I Want To Be Like Jesus In My Heart
13. Radiohead - Radiohead Rocks Germany 2001
12. What's Up - Content Imagination
11. Kylesa - Static Tensions
10. Goblin Cock - Come With Me If You Want To Live!
9. Obits - I Blame You
8. Crystal Antlers - Tentacles
7. Sleepy Sun - Embrace
6. Vee Dee - Public Mental Health System
5. Portugal. The Man - The Satanic Satanist
4. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
3. Aleister X - Bangers & Beans
2. Andrew W.K. - 55 Cadillac
1. Mastodon - Crack The Skye


No comments:

Post a Comment